Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Way Back




Lately, I've been thinking about how I arrived here and the places I have been to.  I sense a slow yearning to return to where I came from.  I wonder if the the old adage, "You can never go home", is true for everyone...if it's true for me.

It has been 10 long years since I've left.  I reminisce friends and places from that time.  Slowly, I am reconnecting socially, their faces have changed but their smiles are ever more warming and welcoming.  I wonder  about the secret to their happiness.  Do I possess it also?

While I think about going to where they are, I loathe to leave the place I now call home.  My loved ones are dear to me, and I would not dream of leaving.  You see, in my absence, I've found love in two individuals who are a  part of me now.  We are joined in heart, soul, mind and spirit.  To go back is to leave a larger part of me.

What is the way back?